British Colombia Provincial Nominee Program
The British Colombia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) is an economic immigration program based on provincial priorities and selection criteria. It offers accelerated immigration for entrepreneurs, who intend to live permanently in B.C., demonstrate the ability to become economically established and contribute significantly to the provincial economy.
The PNP is one way for individuals to obtain permanent resident status in Canada. The first step in the process is to apply to the PNP. If your application is approved by the PNP, you are a Provincial Nominee who may then apply to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) for a permanent resident visa in the Provincial Nominee Class. As part of the application to CIC, nominees can also apply for a permanent resident visa for their spouses and dependants.
You can apply to the BC PNP as a business immigrant in one of the categories as described below. Each category has specific requirements. These categories are Entrepreneur, Regional Entrepreneur, Strategic Projects, and Regional Business Succession Option.
The Entrepreneur category is the best choice if:
- You have business experience as a senior manager or business owner and would like to start or purchase and expand a business anywhere in B.C.
- You have a personal net worth of at least $800,000.
- You intend to invest at least $400,000 in (and acquire at least one-third equity ownership of) the business.
- You can commit to creating at least three new jobs for Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- You would like to propose one key staff member on your application.
The Regional Entrepreneur category is the best choice if:
- You have business experience as a senior manager or business owner and would like to start or purchase and expand a business outside of the Vancouver and Abbotsford metropolitan areas.
- You have a personal net worth of at least $400,000.
- You intend to invest at least $200,000 in (and acquire at least one-third equity ownership of) the business.
- You can commit to creating at least one new job for a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
The Strategic Projects category is the best choice if:
- Your company is interested in setting up a B.C.-based operation (such as a branch office or subsidiary) anywhere in the province.
- Your company intends to make an equity investment of at least $500,000 in the business.
- You would like to propose up to five key staff members on the application and you can commit to create at least three new jobs for each key staff member.
Regional Business Succession Option
The Regional Business Succession Option is a good choice if you intend to purchase and manage an existing B.C. business. With many B.C. business owners retiring, there are an increasing number of opportunities to purchase and take over an existing business in the province.
This option applies to all business immigration categories where the business is located outside of the Vancouver and Abbotsford metropolitan areas. This category offers priority processing and includes reduced job creation requirements.